Credit Unions don’t exist just to provide financial services, it goes much further. If we did, we’d just be a pale imitation of small banks. No, we provide financial services for the purpose of improving lives, educating our members to make wiser decisions. Financial services are the means. Improvement is the end. While our first responsibility is to our members, part of being a cooperative movement means looking beyond our walls to the larger community in which we work and reside. Today that community encompasses the entire world. We take pride in our hometowns, and the people that live here. We share their history, and our success depends largely in part to their success. We are connected. Not everyone’s a member, but everyone’s a neighbor.
Below are some of the ways we are working toward that goal.
- Children's Miracle Network - Throughout the year, our staff raises money for Children's Miracle Network, under the umbrella of "Credit Union for Kids."
- Food Drive - During the holiday season our branches have food barrels to collect for local food banks.
- Community Walks – Heartland FCU employees participate in walks to support breast cancer, Alzheimer’s, colon cancer, and more.
- YMCA Camp Kern – Heartland FCU is proud to serve as a Community Partner of the YMCA Camp Kern.
- Piqua Public Library – Heartland FCU supports the Piqua Public Library’s Teen Summer Reading Program.
- Project Read – Financial literacy advocate and supporter of Bookstock – A Woodstock Revival.
- Reynolds & Reynolds Foundation – Heartland FCU supports the foundation with their involvement with Habitat for Humanity and Kettering Parks Foundation.
- Stivers Schools for the Arts – Heartland FCU provides financial literacy to their students.
- Casual for a Cause – Each month our employees donate money to support a designated charity – then Heartland FCU matches the donation!
Come in and experience the difference at Heartland Federal Credit Union.